Peterborough Wargames Club
April 21, 2019, 10:07:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scenery, tables and time  (Read 1993 times)
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« on: February 22, 2016, 11:23:30 pm »

To reiterate and expand on what I said earlier tonight:

Some of you have become very lax in packing away scenery. There is not a great deal of space in the cupboard OR the boxes, and it would be greatly appreciated if it wasn't the same dedicated group of 2 or 3 people left with the task of fitting everything back in the boxes at 10:55 every week. When there are boxes left with hills stacked 6" above the lid, it's obvious that someone has clearly just not been bothered. Please, if you remove a box from the cupboard, it's YOUR responsibility till it goes back - if someone else takes scenery from that box, then you between you need to make sure it all goes back. As I said - you wouldn't do that to your figures, please don't do it to our scenery.

Furthermore:

- The boxes fit a certain way. I would prefer NOT to have to restack half the cupboard at 10:55 every week just because no-one else has paid attention to how it all came out. Please LOOK when you are taking boxes out of the cupboard - specifically, in the middle cupboard, please stack the big boxes (the 35L and 35L XL ones, if you're familiar with Really Useful Box sixes) ON THE BOTTOM LEFT first before any smaller ones go on top. If you don't, you'll be left with big boxes that won't fit anywhere. It's not rocket science.

- If you move tables, please pay careful attention to exactly where they were and what other tables were next to them. It may not matter to you, but if they aren't put back straight, the St. Johns cleaner gets it in the neck, or has to do our tidying for us, neither of which are fair on him. I've already had a complaint twice this year and had to apologise on YOUR behalf.

- Finally, can I remind people that club games are officially timetabled to finish at 10:30. You have a half hour grace period to pack away, largely due to the very generous tolerance of the St. Johns cleaner, but it isn't fair on him if I have to shoo everyone out at 11pm after I've had a 10 minute fight with the scenery cupboard. Please make sure you start your final turn BEFORE 10:30, or i will start enforcing this. Pack up, then natter.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:39:09 pm by Mike Whitaker » Logged

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:06:21 pm »

Ok. We are slipping again and I am not amused.

I know what scenery was out downstairs, and I know the two Andy's used their own scenery. So why are AndyH and I putting away the scenery for the other games that were upstairs? Whoever used the big Last Valley trees, please PUT THE BLOODY THINGS AWAY when you're done. We are not here to tidy up after you.

Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 10:16:48 pm »

Just to prove i don't always grumble - thank you to everyone who's made an effort to keep the scenery straight and tidy at the end of the evening these past couple of months. It is noticed and appreciated.

Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:19:12 pm »

TomG basically got left to pack about a dozen or more boxes of scenery tonight.

This is not on, folks: it's not difficult to figure out that you're among the last to leave when downstairs is empty or close to, and chip in to sort stuff out.

Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 11:21:59 am »

TomG basically got left to pack about a dozen or more boxes of scenery tonight.
This is not on, folks: it's not difficult to figure out that you're among the last to leave when downstairs is empty or close to, and chip in to sort stuff out.

I reiterate the above - this week it was Dan and I. When you come down for 8pm, it's not difficult to see what scenery is out downstairs. If you're the last to leave upstairs, please don't leave clearing boxes to someone else.

Also, please note that the door at the bottom of the stairs to outside is locked for a reason (we have been asked to for security reasons - we do get odd undesirables wandering about and no-one is watching that door). Please do not use it for entrance and exit - again, it's not rocket science, someone must have actually unlocked it again, did it not occur to you to wonder why?

Carl Fisher
Boring Old Guy

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 01:01:08 pm »

Well we always complain, so I thought it good to see everything cleared away in good time, with everyone helping to put stuff away. Especially as Pikeman's Lament was so scenery heavy, I think we had all but a few boxes out!

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 11:14:03 am »

We're at it again folks.

Boxes do actually have labels. And I think we all can tell the difference between trees (big leafy vertical things) and bocage (horizontal leafy hedgy things). And I think we can all read. Please don't just dump stuff in the first visible box, ESPECIALLY when it's obviously not going to fit.

Also, just as a pro cupboard packing tip. In the stack of boxes on the left of the middle cupboard, the big boxes go AT THE BOTTOM, otherwise someone winds up having to repack to get the big boxes in.

Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 09:49:46 am »

Just an FYI: Please can folks be a little bit careful when packing away the middle cupboard: there are a number of 18L boxes that stack on edge up the middle. Please can you try and make those the lighter ones, specifically NOT the ones containing easily breakable resin buildings.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: