• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2021, 06:40:29 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Billion Suns

Started by James Batchelor, March 07, 2021, 11:14:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

James Batchelor

Just had the rules through for 'A Billion Suns' - reading through slowly, but really enjoying so far.
Wondering who else would be interested in this when we get back to more normal in the coming months.

Grahame

After the meeting on Monday I have ordered the rules - I like the idea of jumping from one table to another!
Grahame

Andy Miller

Strange mental picture there, you take it easy Grahame.
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

James Batchelor

Quote from: Grahame on March 10, 2021, 09:14:41 pmAfter the meeting on Monday I have ordered the rules - I like the idea of jumping from one table to another!
Grahame

Brilliant! I got one of my orders through, for an exploding planet! Not too sure how to add images on here though, as on my phone.

Rob Farley

Just ordered myself a copy too.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Chris Davies

What is this please? No data!
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Chris Davies on March 12, 2021, 08:31:12 pmWhat is this please? No data!
The latest addition to the Osprey "blue book" series. It's a starship combat game from the same guy who brought us Gaslands.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Grahame

March 13, 2021, 09:58:30 am #7 Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 10:22:33 am by Grahame
Another lockdown project - using rawlplugs,washers and nails.
Grahame[attach id=733]IMG_20210313_094144.jpg[/attach
PS although I like the idea of jumping between tables I would like to reassure everyone I won't be dancing on any.

James Batchelor

Grahame,

What's the space station made from?

Grahame

Scratch built from two yogurt pots stuck together with added rawlplug ships and nail & washer antenna. Proper Blue Peter construction job! Black spray paint with gold detailing. Took 10 mins to find the stuff and 20 mins to assemble. I used a dremmel drill to make holes in the plastic pots and evostik  to stick it all together. Allowing for drying time for paint and glue it was done in a couple of hours.
Grahame

Andrew Riley

Fantastic - this is what I love about our hobby !!

James Batchelor

May have bought some contract cards! 2021-03-20_08-37-06_copy_1422x1897.jpg

Andy Miller

James,
You are a bad man and must be stopped (eventually, in a year or two). I've got my copy of the rules too, intend to use my Star Wars Armada fleet.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

James Batchelor

Quote from: Andy Miller on March 20, 2021, 12:05:22 pmJames,
You are a bad man and must be stopped (eventually, in a year or two). I've got my copy of the rules too, intend to use my Star Wars Armada fleet.
Andy

I look forward to competing with you in achieving said contracts!

I also look forward to the "war" contracts which promotes a bit more of a fight scenario.

James Batchelor