• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 01:08:31 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

CHRISTMAS OPENING AND SOCIAL

Started by Mike Whitaker, September 07, 2021, 10:17:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

Currently, I believe we will be open on the 20th Dec, closed on the 27th and having the AGM on the 3rd Jan.

In addition to the possible event on the 13th December (see thread), the venue have said:
QuoteI would also like to offer you a 'social' slot - if you'd like to use one of your Monday sessions or would like a weekend session to have a Christmas party/special night? Let me know your thoughts and please do feel to chat with me about your plans.

Pippa and I bounced around some ideas, and wondered whether perhaps to order in food on the 20th and have a lightweight gaming evening? Other suggestions welcome, but as the venue is expecting a busy Christmas schedule, they'd like answers sooner rather than later.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

colinabrett

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm willing to let the 13th December slide, as I think this builds up a bit of goodwill with our new hosts.

The 20th would be a good night to have a set of fun, not-too-serious games. Would Dead's Army, for example, work with a Christmassy theme?

As for food, I'd suggest pizza as it's not too messy.

Colin

Andy Miller

September 08, 2021, 11:19:58 am #2 Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 11:21:37 am by Andy Miller
Colin,
You clearly have not seen me eat pizza !!!
Sounds like a good plan though.
Andy

PS If I collect from Dominoes I get 50% off
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Martin S-C

QuotePS If I collect from Dominoes I get 50% off

Being a Yorkshireman I am now sold on the messy/non-messy pizza concept.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Andrew Riley

Happy to fall in with the club. Christmas / seasonal themed games good.